Friday, March 25, 2011

Paradise Grill

The first thing that I have to tell you about Paradis grille is their customer  rewards club.  We have enjoyed this restaurant a half a dozen times in the past few years and I love the rewards club.  Sometimes we brought the kids and they loved dining on the patio. Yes, I'm a coupon cutter, and proud of it.  I love a good deal especially if it involves good food.  First you get $10 welcome gift cert, dinner entree for your birthday, anniversary cert and much more.  They send you these certificates in the mail.  The certificates all have an expiration date, but honestly they always honor the it no matter what the date.  We used a buy one entree, get one free that was dated 2009 this night.


So, I'm going to have to agree with him and say that the firecracker shrimp is by far the best dish on the menu.  There is just enough sweetness to cut the spice, yum, yum, yum.  I haven't been in the mood for fisher meat lately so, for dinner I ordered the Pan Seared Jumbo Shrimp with polenta, pancetta, english peas, carrots, crispy onions, and balsamic gastric. Well....unfortunately, I sent it back.  The dish itself was good except for the shrimp.  My husband says I may be a super smeller, lucky me.  So did you ever get a shrimp that smells like ammonia???  It's this weird smell that just isn't right.  Well that's what is was.  I tasted it and the smell continued into the taste.  So, of course I sent the dish back and asked for the Dungeness Crab Soup.  I'm so glad I sent my dinner back, for this soup that was delish!!!  I think I may have to actually add it to my favorite top 3 soups.  Ok well maybe it will be tied for 3rd with Tommy V's Lobster Bisque (you'll have to stay tuned to find out what the others are).


When we got the bill.  The waiter was sure to make sure the Shrimp dish was removed as well as making sure the soup was excluded because of the coupon.  Overall the dinner and the service was good and we will be returning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment